Savor the taste and the tradition of Naples
The Hotel JFK Naples, comfortable and modern 4-stars hotel located in the tradeshow and Stadium area, wants to give to its guests a panoramic of the food heritage of the lively city of Naples and the specialties to taste during your stay.
The Neapolitan cooking is rich and various, it originates from Arabian, Spanish and French influences, coming from the different dominations: it goes from salty to sweet dishes, from meat to fish, and also crèmes, liquors and wines.
What to taste during your vacation in Naples?
- Sfogliatella riccia or frolla: it is a wrap of dough filled with ricotta, semolina and candied. It is a perfect dessert for breakfast, after the first bite you won’t be able to stop eating it!
- Babà: simple dessert composed of really soft leavened dough soaked in rum and sugar. Neapolitans say that this is the only desserts you can eat after a big lunch.
- Pizza: There is no more symbolic and representative food for the city of Naples than a pizza. We suggest you to choose a simple one with few ingredients and to taste it on the roads or inside some of the typical pizzerias on stone tables.
- Spaghetti with clams: it is a dish of fish considered the king of the Neapolitan cooking. Spaghetti are the typical dish for Sunday and for Christmas Eve.
- Casatiello: a tasty and rich salty pizza filled with cheeses, ready-cut meat and eggs. This dish is made during Easter holidays.
- Neapolitan coffee: tight, strong and hot as the real Neapolitans.
- Struffoli: small balls of fried dough rolled in honey. They are crunchy outside and soft inside, struffoli are present in all bakeries during Christmas holiday.
- Fried fish and the octopus “alla luciana”: Naples is a city on the sea so a crunchy frying with small fishes of the Gulf won’t miss in your itinerary.
- Pastiera: it is a shell of dough filled with cream and wheat. A dessert only for strong palates.
- Genovese and ragù: they are two dishes with a meat base, the first one has onions and the second one tomato sauce. We suggest to try them in the typical taverns of the city.
For your stay of taste in Naples choose the Best Western Hotel JFK, few steps away from the Cavalleggeri Aosta subway station, from the trains and buses station to easily travel around the city and taste the delights of Naples.
Hotel JFK Naples, always at your service.